Disclaimers:
1. The views expressed in this blog are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the organization he works for.
2. This site uses cookies from Google and other third-party service providers to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google and other third-party service providers. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Nostalgia




Those meadows, those paddy fields...
The soft twitter of birds in the early morning...
Those mornings filled with mist and dew...
Those cricket matches in front of our house...
Those parathas on every Friday night...
Committing nuisance and then climbing high on the nearby Mango tree to escape punishment...
Those loud speakers buzzing with Kishore da during the Pujas...
The flowing Ganges close to my house...
The serenely beautiful scenery of my childhood...
I miss them all...

I miss my school...
Those early morning prayers...
Trying hard to stop a giggle in the assembly line...
The children running around at the recess...
The first ever crush...
The angry teacher slapping a close friend...
And myself feeling the pain...
Crying over differences in marks in the half yearly examinations...
Calculating the ranks of individuals manually, before the report card is handed..
Coaxing a teacher to increase a half mark...
Hiding the copy of a classmate...
Savouring on his tiffin when some guy is not around...
Missing the school bus and crying hearts out with the attendants trying to pacify...
Fighting hard with a tough guy, trying to impress a cutie...
All flash in black and white...


Looking back at what went right, what went wrong...
At each of my wins and my defeats...
At every gesture that brought a smile...
Or at a few which brought tears...
I feel a silent smile escape my lips...

Nostalgia it is......that silently engulfs me

Wish I could go back to those days...
Start few of the things afresh...
May be, correct a few mistakes...
Do a few things better...
Soothe a few souls...
But, its all in the past...
Life does not give a second chance...


Although, I am unsure if it would have mattered anyways...

Image source: http://www.sarahbaingallery.com

No comments: