No amount of contempt is enough to condemn the incident. Look at it closely:
A 17 year old girl is made to lie on the ground and beaten with a rod brutally all over her body as hundreds of people look on. After the 'punishment', the girl is taken away.
Sad. Very sad.
But I am against condemning a particular community for this, simply because, such incidents are common everywhere in all communities, the only common factors being illiteracy, poverty, frustration and primitive behavior and yes, a subtle criminal intent.
Here are a few examples:
- Lynching is common across all races in all time lines. Check this link. It shocking, shameful and sad.
- A 55 year old woman lynched in Bihar by 5 girls. Here is the link.
- Check what the Maoists did here.
- Remember Abu Ghraib prison cell? Check Wikipedia here.
- And then the famous beheading by Taliban militants. I don't think there is a need to share the links.
- Do you know about the SriLankan atrocities on either side?
We typically like to group people based on Nationality, Race and what not! But as all Indians are not snake charmers, all .......s are not terrorists or brutal creatures who commit sins like what was described as the first incident of this post.
But, it goes without saying that all these fundamentalists, terrorists and .... need to be dealt with severely, if we want to make the world a safer place to live. All those people who think they are God (read Satan) and have the authority to give punishment to other people without the verdict coming through an established court of law deserve TO BE HANGED TILL DEATH.
But, please, let us not pin point a particular group! May common sense prevail.