Check this link on wikipedia. It shows the toll on a world map!
In this respect I also came across this site:
Please go through it. It has a rich resource of information of dos and don'ts.
In any case, I share with you all of these and hope that this would benefit you and your near and dear ones.
How to prevent the spread of H1N1 Flu?
Wash Your Hands:
- Before eating or preparing food
- After coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- After using the washroom
Hand washing technique:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Rinse well, with hands held downward.
- Dry with a paper towel, then use the towel to turn off the faucet
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand cleanser. Alcohol-based hand cleansers significantly reduce the number of germs
Spread of germs:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs often spread when a person touches something contaminated and then touches their eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Attempt to keep at least three (3) feet or one (1) meter away from ill individuals
When sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, use tissues and dispose them properly.
- Wash your hands afterwards.
The more I think of it, the more it seems to attain a gigantic hold on this billion population.
Friends, take care, stay healthy, keep fit, practice safety norms and hope for the best!
Source: Company advisory