Finally, the year 2009 is coming to an end.. looking back there are few things which come to my mind. But before I really take a deep dive into what went right and what did not, let me reflect on my resolutions for 2009:
- Promise everyone with a small 'conditions apply' tag. <-- Yes, I did it! So am happy and safe
- Stay away from girls and dogs. Both bite and bite hard! It hurts! oooh! <-- Ab-so-lutely! 10 on 10 in this as well!
- Laugh often and never cry. <-- I could not keep this promise totally!
- Make friendships only with boys (in a strictly non-pervert and innocent sense, NOT what you think, you *****!) <-- Hmm.. well... yeah..
- Feign to be intelligent. <-- Many idiots, one intelligent.. guess who!
- Whenever in trouble, speak the truth. <-- I do that! But sorry, that has landed me in more trouble!
- Whenever not in trouble, also speak the truth. Oh! both sound so similar, isn't it? <-- Followed totally..
- Research on how to increase the limits of blogger, so that I may never have to switch to another account and am able to write 90 years of blah blah blah.<-- This is a pending task
- Make money out of everything! Am short of cash! Seriously! <-- I have spent more than I have made, well, almost... a jackpot anyone?
So, friends, what do you make out of all that? A mixed year for me? huh?
This year's resolutions would be different. Keep your fingers crossed till I am back with my list. And oh, by the way, have you shortlisted your top 'n' movies, shows, books, blogs, blog posts, music tracks, events and etc etc etc for the year (almost) gone by? What did you say? "Not yet" "Time kahaan!" "Forget it"??
Oh come on! Write something! Take a bit of time out of your busy schedule and prepare a list - say of music tracks. Sort in descending order of preferences. Play the tracks on the night of 31st December. Have an I-Pod handy. Watch the night sky explode with fire crackers all around and play back the songs. See if each of the songs bring back a specific incident of the year gone by! ...science calls this "associated memory".. for example, the song "hua hai tujhe jo bhi jo bhi" may bring back memories of your first (or last) kiss! (not me)! Close your eyes. Think about it.
You would feel nostalgic, feel good, rejuvenated, ready to take on the new year with new hopes and expectations... you would feel all charged up. Friends, try it for a change...
I would come back shortly with my list of resolutions for 2010 and also what went right for me and what did not..
So, (in the classic style of reality TV shows) PLEASE DO NOT GO ANYWHERE! I WILL BE RIGHT BACK!
Until next time, ciao!!
Image source: http://nnhs.newton.k12.ma.us/go/content/view/413/