Disclaimers:
1. The views expressed in this blog are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the organization he works for.
2. This site uses cookies from Google and other third-party service providers to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google and other third-party service providers. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I got a Padmasree

hahahahahahaha.. :D
The way the prestigious national awards are being distributed freely, the day is not far when even I may bag a Padmasree (or bhushan) for 'whatever' reason!!
Some of the choices these year were baffling to say the least! I agree that some of the choices were proper and apt, but there were others which raised questions. I would not take names here, but if such awards are distributed with so much ease, I have serious doubts on the value quotient. I am equally inquisitive about the quality of judges and panel who nominate and select the awardees.

6 comments:

BK Chowla, said...

During the British days,they used to give away special titles to Indians--like-- RAI SAHEB-- only to those who were loyal to the Royalty.
What has changed now?
Have our people got over the colonial system of rule(not governance)?

Dr. Tripat Mehta said...

interesting...and totally agree with u!

Varun said...

I got a Padmabhushan :)

Let me take those names for you! Saif Ali Khan, Aamir Khan, Chatwal

preposterous girl said...

Hi Chiranjib..
Catchy title I must say. hahahhaha!!
BTW u r right.. Many doubts abt the judges and the selection panel.. :-)

Chiranjib Mazumdar said...

@BK Chowla, @Prerna, @Varun

Yes, the "patronizing days" are back. I fail to understand the logic. Even if I do not question the credibility of the candidates, I can very well ask.. "Why not SRK? Why not Akki? Why not a certain XYZ?"
Such selections should be such that there's no scope for any eyebrows being raised!! Sadly, that's not the case here..

Chiranjib Mazumdar said...

@Preposterous girl

Don't say "Catchy title"... the way things are moving, some day I might actually bag one.. :P :D