Disclaimers:
1. The views expressed in this blog are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the organization he works for.
2. This site uses cookies from Google and other third-party service providers to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google and other third-party service providers. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Korbo lorbo jitbo re!

IPL or The Indian Premier League is here once more. Oops! Not here, in South Africa. What I meant was, IPL is here on our television sets once more. Yesterday saw the clash of the biggest teams of last year. And both the champions and the runners up were washed away by some fabulous cricket from the two maestros Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.

Every time I see Sachin, I am awestruck at his talent and consistency. I wonder the day he leaves cricket he would be standing on a pile of runs which would be hard to achieve at any format of the game. I remember I had once wished him happy birthday in class 10. Those were the days, when I was just getting acclimatized to the Internet. There were many students and everyone wanted to wish something. I was lucky to get the opportunity first. So I wrote, "Sachin, may you get 100 centuries". Many laughed at that! Many giggled! I thought that may be that was wishing too much. But today, when I see him spanking 80+ centuries in both formats of the game, it seems not too impossible. Is it?

Dravid had a very tough time last year. So it was really nice to see him batting the way he did.

I have always been a huge fan of the trio: Sachin, Saurav, Rahul and I wish this year, in the IPL, each would be at his individual best.

All said, I am all for the Kolkata Knight Riders. Today they have the first match and I cannot wait to get hooked up to the television set at 8 in the evening today. Lets see what dada does this time around.

"Korbo lorbo jitbe re!!!" Are you with me? :D

2 comments:

vimmuuu said...

LOL, I would love to be with you. But Im not a fan of cricket. Not a fan of any sport for that matter !!!

Chiranjib said...

@vimmuuu

After the show yesterday night, I am also planning follow your path... :D