Disclaimers:
1. The views expressed in this blog are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the organization he works for.
2. This site uses cookies from Google and other third-party service providers to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google and other third-party service providers. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

2012 - The end of human race?




2012.

Guys what does this year mean to you? Just another year, 3 years later...or... something more?
One of my dear colleagues is eating my head off literally with his continuous arguments (read predictions) that the world would come to an end.

Now, now, I do not want to provide you with junk information, as the internet today is already cluttered with lots and lots of junk. So, what did I do.. well, I tried to validate how much of this is really true.

Perspectives to it:

The Mayan Calendar =>
As per the Mayan calendar, the dates end on December 21, 2012. However, the astronomer Philip Plait has stated very clearly that the Mayan calendar does not end in 2012 at all, that it is like the odometer on your car, as each section of the odometer reaches 9 and then clicks over to 0, the next number to it starts a new cycle, so that when all the numbers again reach 0 all the way across the odometer - the last number will change from 1 to 2 and the new cycle starts all over again.
So, going by it, the Mayan calendar (whether or not the dates end in 2012) alone cannot usher in the doomsday.

The Kali Yug (as per Hinduism) =>
The Kali Yug as per the ancient scriptures started 3102 BC, a mere 8 years after the advent of the current Mayan Calendar count. However, the Kali Yug is supposed to last 432,000 years, well eclipsing 2012 and far beyond.

Planet Nibiru's collision with Earth=>
Yet another theory propounded discusses about a planet which will collide with the earth and abolish the entire human race. [in 2012]

Magnetic Pole Reversal=>
Magnetic polarity reversal may even cause our earth to rotate in reverse direction, thus eliminating human race [in 2012]


Now, tell me friends, are you afraid? Have you already started Googling on one or more of the word combinations, viz. doomsday, 2012, mayan calendar etc etc etc?

Ah... well even I did and that is when I came across this wonderful article. Read it friends and sleep in peace!

'The world is not enough' and it will not end in 2012.


References:
www.2012doomsday.com
www.mayancalendar2012.org
www.2012rising.com
www.npr.org

10 comments:

vimmuuu said...

As long as everyone dies together, its ok with me ! :D :D :D :D

preposterous girl said...

Hi Chiranjib..
Well I was not scared by these arguments of world coming to an end.. But even if all these arguments are true.. Who cares.. As vimmuuu has put it , if everyone dies together.. its ok with me as well..
Who knows we'll be blogging on our way to hell/heaven also.. :P

Chiranjib Mazumdar said...

@vimmuuu
LOL :D
Man I am sure you would giggle even when you would breath your last. :D

@preposterous girl
Ah.. I see... the intellectual connect! :P

sakthi said...

Hi beautiful blog... i like so much...

Chiranjib Mazumdar said...

@sakthi
Welcome to my blog! Glad that you liked it!!

aayanman said...

It's certainly a time for disclosure if nothing else.
History is replete with failed doomsday incidents.

Like fox mulder said...let's just say i want to believe...

Chiranjib Mazumdar said...

@Gyanban
Welcome to my blog!

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who enjoys to seek different things. Presently I'm fabricating my own photovoltaic panels. I am doing it all alone without the aid of my staff. I'm utilizing the net as the only way to acheive this. I encountered a truly brilliant site which explains how to create pv panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure about how accurate the info given there iz. If some people over here who have experience with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the page it will be grand and I would extremely treasure it, cause I extremely enjoy [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U guys are great.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link