Disclaimers:
1. The views expressed in this blog are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the organization he works for.
2. This site uses cookies from Google and other third-party service providers to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google and other third-party service providers. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So near, yet so far!

I saw you the other day. You were flashing a billion dollar smile, that made my heart melt instantly. Oh, you are so beautiful, sweetheart. I can stare at you without my eyes straining, for hours. The mesmerising smile, the beautiful lips, the curves, everything is so enticing, so inviting.
Alas! You are so far away!
Pity! The people who have made you stand there have no mercy on you!
You are there at the same place, every day, every hour, every minute, every moment.... staring at me with the same kind of intensity, the same kind of ardent devotion.
A silent prayer in your lips... "Please take me away from here, I am so tired, I want to sleep, I want to rest, those spotlights tire my eyes, I want the cosy corner of the bedroom, not the expansion of the blue sky above, not the drizzle and thunder that I encounter with, occasionally"
I say: Yes, my dear, I understand... I am not inhuman...
But... there is a big 'but' in here...

How can I reach you? You are so far away? So big on me? The nearer I get to you, the bigger you seem to me... Because, sweetheart, you are destined to be like that... Because, you are only a billboard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeheheh... Where oh where do u get these Ideas from??? :D

Chiranjib Mazumdar said...

@rhapsodicobjectivity

hehehe.. Glad that you liked... :D
My brain is 'weird' you know.. :)